hi,

On Tue, Jan 7, 2014 at 9:26 AM, Russ Allbery <r...@debian.org> wrote:

> Antonio Terceiro <terce...@debian.org> writes:
>
> > Our goal is to remove ruby1.8 and switch to ruby2.0 as the default,
> > ASAP, so it would be nice if you started building extensions for 1.9.1
> > and 2.0 (only).
>
> Okay, thanks.  I haven't attempted a build with Ruby 2.0 yet, and should
> do that.  I'll do another upload within at least the next couple of weeks
> with that change (or sooner if it becomes more urgent).

I have two packages which have ruby extensions (qdbm and hyperestraier).
It build for 1.8 and 1.9.1 for now (with old style, not using gems
framework).

I'm considering to drop ruby bindings itself (maybe gradually) because of
dead upstream which means they don't catch up destructive updates of ruby.

Can I simply drop them (by purging controls and filing RM bugs)?
Are there any considerations? -- I'm sure they have no rdepends.

regards,
--
KURASHIKI Satoru