On Sat, Feb 1, 2014 at 12:23 AM, Roelof Wobben wrote:

> I really want to learn the debian way of packaging.
> I have read the manual and did the packaging tutorial.

That is a good start. The next step is to start working in the Debian
GNOME team. Have a look at their wiki page for how to get involved
with the team and how their team works.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebianGnome

You can already help out with the team without having joined it by
doing bug triage, take a look at the wiki and their QA pages:

https://wiki.debian.org/BugTriage
https://udd.debian.org/dmd/?email1=pkg-gnome-maintain...@lists.alioth.debian.org
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pkg-gnome-maintain...@lists.alioth.debian.org

Here is our documentation about the bug tracking system:

https://www.debian.org/Bugs/

The developers reference may also be useful to you, ignore the bits
about uploading though.

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/

If you encounter unfamiliar terminology, please look it up on this page:

https://wiki.debian.org/Glossary

> Now I wonder if someone wants to mentor me so I can become a good
> packager/maintainer.

In Debian we generally do not do individual mentoring. The way it
works is that you start doing things and if you have questions about
how to do those things you ask on IRC and mailing lists and people who
know the answer will answer you. For GNOME related questions you can
ask on the pkg-gnome lists/channel and for general packaging
questions, ask on the mentors lists/channel.

> My ultimate goal is to become a good Gnome packager/maintainer .

An excellent goal, thanks for your interest.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise