On Wed, 2014-08-06 at 06:47 +0100, Anthony F McInerney wrote:

> https://phab.enlightenment.org/T1489

Why is that bug locked/private?

> The two main comments were "Could you work on the patch to use the lib
> if the lib is found. This would require debian to provide a lz4.pc
> (and give it to upstream)."
> Followed by "invalid" and closed.

The patch already does that I think, hard to tell from the language they
use though.

> I think they would accept a patch that would work for them to be able
> to keep their embedded copy.

The whole point is to have them remove the embedded copy so that doesn't
sound like a useful thing to spend time on.

> So that we don't have to patch, just delete src/bin/lz4, which would
> be cleaner?

The best thing you can do for now is just apply the patch in Debian
until upstream are willing to remove the embedded code copy.

--
bye,
pabs

http://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise