Hello,

This is my first e-mail to the debian-mentor list. I have been a
Debian user for 15 years and sysop for the past 10 years, and would
like to help out with package maintenance for this great community.

I have found that the "arpwatch" package has been orphaned for more
than a 905 days now, and would like to adopt it. This would be my
first package and the first endeavour into helping out in any way, so
I'm looking for pointers in the right direction.

Orphan bug report:

As you can see there has been some interest in adopting it, but none
of those people has accepted it. I've been doing local packages for my
own systems for the past years, and I've been reading the maintenance
guides for that.

So if I understand the developer's manual correctly, I would need a
sponsor for proxying the maintenance of this package. If and when I
get a sponsor, I would send my updates to that person for QA and final
upload to the repository. Am I correct? If not, please help me figure
this out :-)

Best of wishes,

-- kchr

|_|O|_|
|_|_|O|  Kim Christensen
() ascii ribbon campain - against html e-mail