Ben Finney <ben+deb...@benfinney.id.au> wrote:
> Andreas Metzler <ametz...@bebt.de> writes:

>> is it possible to have uscan check multiple hosts? e.g. for GNU
>> findutils I would like to look at both stable and unstable releases

> Are you aware the watch file is meant to find a *single* tarball?

Yes, I am aware of that.

> What would you want the result of scanning multiple hosts; how would
> you want differences resolved to a single tarball, at a single version?

I do not see a huge conceptual difference to scanning a single host.
uscan looks at a list of locations for files matching a specific
pattern, with a subpattern for the version number. uscan simply grabs
the file with the highest version number. Even now uscan will
often find multiple files with the same version number (gz|bz2|xz) and
has to choose one.

cu Andreas
so grateful to you.'