-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA512

For nm.debian.org, at 2026-09-04:
I would like to aply to change my status in Debian to:
Debian Developer, uploading.

I have been a Debian Maintainer for 4 years, maintaining packages in
various languages, including:

- - archlinux-keyring: data files only
- - damo: Python
- - distribution-gpg-keys: data files only
- - distrobox: Bash
- - libkdumpfile: C
- - sugarjar: Ruby

There have been cases - esp with distrobox and sugarjar - where my packages
can't migrate because dependencies have serious bugs, and I feel like being
a full Developer would help unblock in these situations (not having to 
co-ordinate with a DD, and as a last resort, being able to do an NMU - I
hope not to have to use this often)

One of my packages, libkdumpfile, have undergone a reasonably complex
upgrade involving its Python bindings being split out into a separate
standalone source package, so I'm familiar with the process of using
experimental as well.

Last but not least, I have been an experienced Fedora packager for over
20 years - I've used Debian and Ubuntu as well on and off over the years
preceding becoming a DM and would increasingly like to commit to Debian 
for its democratic, non-corporate-backed structure.

I recently wrote dbranch as a tool to both streamline the process of updating
packages, and also getting them rebuilt in PPAs - I hope its --explain mode
is helpful in maintaining familiarity with Debian processes, as it walks the
user step by step through the whole process:

https://michel-slm.name/posts/2026-06-22-introducing-dbranch/

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

iHUEARYKAB0WIQRdzi5+nDsc/9M1wdeLIp0vfMwE8gUCapswXgAKCRCLIp0vfMwE
8nRjAQC2vwn+x/kOt0ns4oXxPVMvNunCrGj7HNQDtMr47c5EZgEAgQxvVqrX6R2V
oH8Hz+0gcaVQLjb2IYqLqBN2VADK8go=
=oiwr
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Michel Lind (via nm.debian.org)

For details and to comment, visit https://nm.debian.org/process/1572/
-- 
https://nm.debian.org/process/1572/

Reply via email to