-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA256

For nm.debian.org, at 2026-09-17:
I support Michele Cane <[email protected]>'s request to become a Debian 
Maintainer.
I have worked with Michele Cane on sponsoring uploads of rust-clipper2,
rust-clipper2c-sys, rust-earcut, rust-flo-curves, rust-malachite-base,
rust-malachite-bigint, rust-malachite-nz, rust-nalgebra-sparse, rust-numpy,
rust-pyo3-stub-gen, rust-pyo3-stub-gen-derive, rust-rustpython-ast,
rust-rustpython-parser, rust-spade, rust-visioncortex, and rust-vtracer
since June 2026, and I consider them as having sufficient technical competence.

I sponsored twenty-five of Michele's uploads to unstable between 2026-06-18 and
2026-09-16 (fifteen distinct source packages, all in the Debian Rust 
Maintainers /
debcargo-conf tree). Those included NEW/ITP work such as rust-clipper2 
(#1141518),
rust-clipper2c-sys (#1141519), rust-malachite-bigint (#1141517), and
rust-pyo3-stub-gen-derive (#1141522); repeated portability and tooling fixes on
rust-clipper2c-sys and rust-numpy (including i386/Hurd and autopkgtest fallout
around #1146390 / #1146842); and coordinated upstream bumps across the
malachite / visioncortex / vtracer / flo-curves / rustpython stack that feeds
Rayforge.

Beyond the packages I personally sponsored, I have also reviewed Michele's full
2026 sponsored-upload history in Debian (about fifty uploads across twenty-five
source packages, from several sponsors including werdahias, jcfp, capitol,
eamanu, and myself). The coherent goal is bringing Rayforge and its 
C++/Python/Rust
dependency tree into Debian. Outside my uploads, that includes clipper2 and the
Python side (python-raygeo, python-vtracer, python-pyvips, python-asyncudp,
rayforge). The work shows competent debcargo packaging, multi-arch/non-x86
debugging, NEW follow-through, and sustained collaboration with the Rust and
Python teams rather than one-off drive-by uploads. Michele is also a returning
contributor (previously a Debian Maintainer around 2013; DebConf13 organizing
team) who restarted serious packaging under heiserhorn in 2026.

I have personally worked with Michele Cane <[email protected]>
(key 633E7738595918C4270E473BECFF3EB4030E6E7E) through direct sponsorship from
June through September 2026 (and have reviewed their wider 2026 packaging work),
and I know Michele Cane can be trusted to have upload rights for their own
packages, right now.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
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=3bYO
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

Simon Quigley (via nm.debian.org)

For details and to comment, visit https://nm.debian.org/process/1575/
-- 
https://nm.debian.org/process/1575/

  • Michele Cane: Advocate Simon Quigley (via nm.debian.org)

Reply via email to