On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 09:54:28AM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Quoting Sven Luther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>

> > > I still need to upload mldonkey, but it is the same problem as advi i
> > > think ( i was waiting for cameleon upload, since i depend on zoggy ).
> >
> > advi is either native code or bytecode built with -custom, so no ocaml
> > dependency. If mldonkey is the same, then no problem, if you don't build
> > with -custom on bytecode arch, you will depend on ocaml-base and the
> > runtime version of the libraries.
> >
> > Advi runs as -custom because it includes some C bindings that are not in
> > a library, if mldonkey doesn't do so, it should not use -custom.
>
> I think you are both wrong. Every package in debian must build
> from source.
> Currently, even if they do not depend on ocaml packages, advi and
> mldonkey can no longer be built from source. So, you'll have to
> rebuild them in order to fix build dependencies.

Sure sure, but they will not take any part in the transition scheme, so
there is less urgency than the other packages, which is why i left advi
as the last package that i will migrate to 3.07.

And the fact that it needs at least half a day of work to bring it to a
releasable state, which i don't have right now, but will probably next
week.

Friendly,

Sven Luther