On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 10:00:09PM +0200, J?r?me Marant wrote:
> > It's ok not to support more than one version at a time, but we had
> > already adopted the /usr/lib/ocaml/<version> convention. IMO is silly to
> > switch back to /usr/lib/ocaml again. It will be just an additional
> > difficulty for the users.
>
> I doubt it. The switch to the versioned ocaml directory has been
> done transparently and only packages install stuff there.
> But maybe did I miss something?

Well, I skim through the ocaml libdir _manually_ (i.e. via shell and tab
expansions!) very often and changing it cause difficulties. I know other
users which had the same problem when we changed the location last time.

If it's not really necessary why changing it again?

Cheers.

--
Stefano Zacchiroli  --  Master in Computer Science @ Uni. Bologna, Italy
[EMAIL PROTECTED],debian.org,bononia.it}  -  http://www.bononia.it/zack/