On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 01:14:11PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> Quoting Sven Luther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > > Can't you wait for the current ocaml package to enter testing before
> > > uploading a new one?
> >
> > Sure, i can wait, but if Stefano uploads the gdome2, we have to wait
> > anyway for them to be ready too. The mini-freeze only makes sense when
> > _all_ packages are in the freeze.
> >
> > So what do you think, should i wait, or fix the minor issues now ?
>
> I don't think so. Every package depends on ocaml so it must enter
> testing before the others. IMO. The ld.conf not removed is a very
> minor problem, methink.

Nope, it cant. It has to move to testing _together_ with all the
dependant packages. See mail archive of the 3.06 to 3.06-1 transition
for details, and remember that it is you who advocated that having
parallel installable ocaml is not worth it.

> > The issues are the ld.conf stuff and i will drop the trailing .dpatch
> > from the debian/patches/00list entries, to be compatible with older
> > versions of dpatch, and thus allow easier woody backports.
>
> I think we should stop taking care of woody backport and focus
> on sarge.

Fine with me, but this doesn't cost anything, so ...

Friendly,

Sven Luther