-----Forwarded Message-----
From: Michael Meeks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: ximian-openoffice <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [Open Office] CVS module rename ...
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 11:22:58 +0100

Hi guys,

        So - after the ooo-build-1.1.55 release, I decided it's an increasingly
lunatic thing to have an 'openoffice' module in CVS, that can't be
easily refered to / distinguished from up-stream OO.o and well, it makes
me cringe :-)

        So - I did some cvs surgery and renamed the module to 'ooo-build'. What
does this mean:

        * when you cvs update in openoffice you will see:

                MODULE_RENAMED_TO_OOO_BUILD

                Do not commit stuff to 'openoffice'.

        * checkout ooo-build instead:

                export CVSROOT=`cat openoffice/CVS/Root`
                cvs -z3 checkout ooo-build

        * transfer any work / changes across:

                cvs diff -u openoffice | tee /tmp/ooo.diff
                cd ooo-build
                patch -p1 < /tmp/ooo.diff

        * transfer any src/build stuff over:

                mv openoffice/build/* ooo-build/build
                mv openoffice/src/* ooo-build/src

        I've updated the web-site, and relevant bits; hopefully the new name
should reduce confusion wrt. the package name, our role / scope, and
help me sleep better at night.

        Apologies for the brief pain period;

        Regards,

                Michael.