retitle 336528 opening links from OOo under KDE freezes OOo
tag 336528 + confirmed
thanks

Hi,

Grégoire Druant wrote:
> There is a bug in the registering function of openoffice : I use
> openoffice-kde package and when I click on help -> register, the help
> menu stays on top and konqueror start behind. It seems to load the
> page fine, but that's impossible to get it on foreground, and every
> mouse action become useless. For exemple, it's impossible to switch
> virtuals desktops using the mouse, BUT it is with the keyboard hotkey.
> Help/register menu stays on top on every virtual desktop.
> The only way I found to get my mouse working back is killall
> soffice.bin.
>
> After that everything works again.

Yeah, I just saw that too.

> I asked on a forum if other peoples had experienced this problem and
> someone who was using neither openoffice-kde nor kde did.

Hmm. I use GNOME and just installed KDE for this one experiment and it
works fine in GNOME and Firefox.

> He first tried whis firefox allready running, got an error message
> (error while starting the web browser, check the parameters of
> OpenOffice.org and the web browser) but openoffice registering page
> has nevertheless been loaded. Then he tried with firefox stopped, and
> OpenOffice has freezed exactly like it did for me.

Both work for me (under GNOME). Didn't yet try something else than GNOME
or KDE...

Regards,

Rene