retitle 935182 Concurrent file open on the same host results file deletion
thanks

Hi,

On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 06:30:06PM +0200, Rene Engelhard wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 20, 2019 at 04:52:52PM +0200, Gilles MOREL wrote:
> > Package: libreoffice-core
> > Version: 1:6.1.5-3+deb10u3
> > Severity: grave
>
> 2 grave           makes the package in question unusable by most or all
> users, or causes data loss, or
>                   introduces a security hole allowing access to the accounts
> of users who use the package.
> [...]
> 4 important       a bug which has a major effect on the usability of a
> package, without rendering it completely
>                   unusable to everyone.
>
> Ok, one might argue this as data loss, but I don't think this is grave enough
> warrant grave, important looks more suited. But anyways.
>
> > When two users on the same machine open
>
> Why two users on the same machine, same file? I could understand the
> scenario of same file on samba share, different computers... Or do
> you use some graphical "remote desktop" thingy allowing access of more
> people to one comuter?

OK, the bug I pointed to in my other message says so and that it works
if you do it from PC A and B...

That would (IMHO) make it even more "important" since "normal" access
from A or B to file X works, just RDP and same host A doesn't...

In any case, this bug is not a distribution to fix, this is something
for upstream.

Regards,

Rene