On Thu, Aug 21, 2003 at 11:35:28AM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>      * #80343: [PROPOSAL] policy should say no files should be owned by
>
>        "nobody"
>
>        Package: debian-policy; Severity: wishlist; Reported by: "KORN Andras"
>
>        <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; 2 years and 239 days old.
>
>       Hmm. Do people think this is required? Are there any
>  files/directories owned by "nobody"? If so, why is that not already a
>  bug? Should policy state, in effect, "do not create bugs in your
>  package"?

FWIW, /usr/share/doc/base-passwd/users-and-groups.html now exists and
says that nobody should never own any files, along with I think most of
the other advice suggested in this bug report. I'm not sure if you'd
want to give that document the weight of policy, but perhaps it would be
worth referring to it informationally for general documentation of the
globally allocated users and groups on Debian systems.

--
Colin Watson                                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]