On Fri, 1 Jun 2012, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:

On 05/30/2012 07:34 PM, Ben Hutchings wrote:
Since we don't seem to have a specific directory for server
certificates, I suppose it should be under /etc/dovecot.

If anyone following this bug report is coming to debconf12, i've
submitted a BoF proposal to try to get together and hammer out some best
practices we can document for today (and hopefully shift into policy for
wheezy+1 or thereabouts).

Sounds interesting but it looks like I for one will not be able to make it to Debconf this year. (Not like I would be able to contribute much to this discussion anyway...)

Apart from the issue of file location, another thing I'd like to see addressed is the development of a central utility that package maintainers and end users alike could use to install/remove/manage certificates. I've brought this up a couple of times in the past and people always agree that it is a good idea but no one with the requisite skills seems to have the time to actually implement it.

In the meantime for dovecot, I'll move the certificate to /etc/dovecot as suggested.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jald...@debian.org>