control: retitle -1 Switch back to dh_sphinxdoc from dh_linktree
control: block -1 by 658238

Hello Vagrant,

On Tue 14 Aug 2018 at 11:59AM -0700, Vagrant Cascadian wrote:

> For many years, I've installed debian-policy from sid on a stable system
> to have it readily available, but recent versions of debian-policy have
> a versioned dependency that is unsatisfyable in stable:
>
>   Depends: libjs-sphinxdoc (<< 1.7.6.0~), libjs-sphinxdoc (>= 1.7.6)

Yes, this is annoying.  It affects me too.

> I'm not sure exactly what necessitates a dependency on these (html
> documentation?). The main files of interest to me are policy.txt.gz and
> upgrading-checklist.txt.gz, and find it hard to believe those require
> libjs-sphinxdoc to read. I imagine several of the other formats (.epub,
> .pdf) also shouldn't require libjs-sphinxdoc.
>
> If it is plausible to downgrade to a Recommends, or split out the
> libjs-sphinxdoc documentation into a separate package, or the text-only
> documentation into a separate package, or some other resolution, that
> would be much appreciated!

The problem is caused by the switch to dh_linktree from dh_sphinxdoc.

Unfortunately, that is necessary now that we have translations, which
dh_sphinxdoc is not yet able to handle.

--
Sean Whitton