Hi all,

I'm currently discovering Debian Linux PPC. I'm not a dummy user
when it comes to OS X but Debian Linux PPC somewhat is different
and here I currently feel like a dummy user.

I searched the archives of this mailinglist and found some threads
that describe how to get a non-englich keyboard layout for Linux
PPC on apple Macs.

I found this thread
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/07/msg00023.html> and
this thread
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2004/10/msg00410.html> and
an even older thread
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/04/msg00298.html>.

The last thread from 2003 for me as a newbie looked like the best
solution but so far all the mentioned hacks bring only back limited
functionallity of the apple pro keyboard that is connected to my
Power Mac G4 Dual 1.42Ghz FW 800.

Currently I have the hacks out of
<http://lists.debian.org/debian-powerpc/2003/04/msg00298.html> but
they don't make me that happy.

Accendet Chars like the one in Café don't work, delete (Entf) does
not work, and only the left apple key works. Apple+q gives me the
at sign but I would prefer Apple+L to give me the at sign. Apple+E
for EuroSing is O.K.

What also doesn't work is the usage of the Option (alt on mac
keyboard) key. Currently I don't have ~ which is sometimes needed
in urls.

Can someone please point me to a simple readme or a better mail in
the archives?

Regards,
Eric Hoch