On Tue, Oct 10, Hadess wrote:

> The only error:
> (II) r128(0): initializing int10
> (EE) r128(0): Cannot read V_BIOS (4)
>
> > I just use video=aty128fb: so the problem must be with the iBook's new
> > Mobility chip.
>
> Doesn't work. I don't mind Frame-buffer not being accelerated, but I (would)
> need X to work tonight, if I want to travel with it tomorrow... I could
> always
> give a try to Xpmac :/

Xpmac is the wrong server.
Ok, our UK people have the iBook up and running. It looks like an older
kernel tree is needed, we tried our config and it worked as well, so its
a source code problem.

Get the debian kernel from stable (you proably have it already). Boot
with video=ofonly to get a console.
Edit your XF86Config and remove Option "usefbdev". The r128 can be used
"native". You can't use the plain cvs, either use the rpms at
penguinppc.org or the new dri stuff.

You can find a config at http://penguinppc.org/~olaf/xf86/
Just edit the keyboard settings and place a proper modeline in it.

Hope that helps.

Gruss Olaf

--
 $ man clone