A list of problems that have cropped up since X started working:

* Mozilla depends on the package xcontrib; however, xcontrib tries to
overwrite a file in package xlibs, specifically,

   /usr/X11R6/include/X11/bitmaps/ldblarrow

* I compiled a 2.4 kernel, but when I boot with it and try to use ppp,
it doesn't work. Everything else does, even sound.

Modutils and ppp are the current version. I'm about to try one that
might work simply by virtue of being different, that I got off of
http://hadess.net. I don't know if it'll work, though. This is sort
of important because ppp doesn't work well on the iBook in the
precompiled 2.2 kernels I have downloaded.

* IF the 2.4 kernel works, is anyone interested in hosting it? I'll
be glad to forward the configuration file upon request.

* One thing I noticed when compiling the 2.4 kernel: there's an option
for AGP. I remembered that my video controller is an AGP chip, and set
it. It didn't compile. Unsetting that option, it compiled. And works.
Even with stuff like X. I'm going to have to start writing all these
gotchas down somewhere.

Phil
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Debian Woody PowerPC Crash Test Dummy