From: Ethan Benson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: debian-powerpc@lists.debian.org
Sent: February 24, 2001 10:03:14 AM GMT
Subject: Re: mutt problems sending email

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 02:15:05AM -0500, Taro Fukunaga wrote:
> mailq reveals unsent messages.
>
> There is an entry in /etc/inetd.conf for exim. This is how exim must be
> started, instead of the rc scripts. So why isn't email working?
>
> It says:
>
> smtp stream tcp nowait mail /usr/sbin/exim exim -bs

this is only to handle incoming mail, from other hosts.  mutt does not
contact a tcp port to hand mail to the MTA, it pipes it into
/usr/sbin/sendmail (which is not necesarily the sendmail MTA).

you have some misconfiguration in exim, check its logs.  or try
postfix ;-)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/