On Saturday 28 July 2001 02:15, James Tyson wrote:
> > Ok, the .c's compiled just fine...but the .cpp file is not playing nice.
> > I tried replacing gcc with g++ and cpp, but neither seem to have much
> > effect. Thanks for the continued help.
> > John
>
> The set_deq.cc isnt a module, it's a applet to set the mixer volume.
> g++ -o set_deq set_deq.cc
>
> it takes an argument, a float 0 => x => 1 where 1 is full volume and 0 is
> off.

Wow, it works!!!!!! sorta. Well, you're right, I got beep. As far as anything
else....well, I am figuring it is normal at this stage in the drivers....but
I will mention it just to make sure what I am seeing is the same as anyone
else: when I play an ogg or mp3 the sound is extremely distorted. It is till
very clearly the music I am expecting, but it sound a lot like the inputs are
being over driven. I have used set_eq to lower the volume...works great.
Shouldn't be hard to script up a little widget to run it until there is
something better.
        Is there someplace I should check(the place I got the drivers from??)
to see
if they have been updated at all? Is there a mini-mailing list of sorts?
Thanks again for the help and pointers.

John H