At 1:36 AM +0100 1/1/02, MaX wrote:
I have a Powerbook g3 with sid, kernel 2.4.17, and Ext3 as filesystem.
Now I want to try mac on linux, but as described in the doc. I need to
downgrade to 2.2.19.... is there another way?

yes, in fact there is. I myself just updated my TiBook to 2.4.17 last night, and had to update my MOL as well. MOL is packaged for debian, you just have to build the modules. Here is the debian way:

apt-get install mol-modules-sources

read and follow the docs in /usr/share/doc/mol-modules-sources. I chose the path of using kernel-package to build a .deb and then installing that, which keeps everything under package system control. Note in addition to kernel-package you'll need debhelper (which I didn't have, and which stumped me for a while)

Once you've installed the modules, you can apt-get install mol. Then all you need to do is edit /etc/molrc to match your configuration and run molvconfig to set up your video and you are ready to go.

Please let me know if you run into any specific roadblocks and I'll try to help from my experience.

-raf
Eric: I want to live in a world where software doesn't suck //////////
Richard: Any software that isn't free sucks ////////// [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Linus: I'm interested in free beer ///// <http://www.3roses.com/> ////