On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Gilger.John wrote:

> It's a wierd day.
>
> I dual boot Debian and MacOSX on my Ti PowerBook. It has been working
> fine for quite a whiile.
>
> Today, I started my laptop and it did not display the usual yaboot
> screen giving me a choice between OSX and Dabian. It simply booted to
> OSX (default).

have you played with the startup panel on MacOSX ?
bye the way if you correctly followed the yaboot-howto eg you've made a
Apple_Bootstrap  partition in "first position" (either in position 2 or
juste after the crappy Apple[patches|driver]) you'll be abble to solve
the prblem, by just resetting the PRAM (hold down comand-option-p-r
keys at startup until the machine reboot itself.

> Has anyone experienced the same or a
> similar problem?

yes because I've played with starttup panel from MacOSX, this will
confuse the OF path to the bootloader.

        Eric

--
 Le danger si on ne s'en aperçoit pas c'est que le processeur est
 constamment à 100% de sa capacité, il chauffe donc beaucoup