On Mon, Sep 23, 2002 at 04:25:34PM +0200, CK wrote:
> hi,
>
> so my beige g3 is now booting hda from floppy, it acts as a gateway
> for my cable modem running udhcpd on the inner interface, xawtv works
> fine and I'm diving into ppc assembly (and maybe fix alsaplayers cdda
> endianess bug if I can find time to do it) ...
>
> Now I'd like to set it up as a printserver for the home lan using an
> old epson color inkjet printer (works more or less on my laptop with
> gimp-print).
>
> Can anyone give me a quick shot at setting up a localtalk connection
> under linux for printing (docs on this seem to be a bit sparse google-
> wise) ?
>
> thanks in advance,

For appletalk: Just install netatalk, load the kernel module for
appletalk, and you're in business. netatalk starts up at system start
- you'll know, it takes a minute or so.

I think there has been some other bits posted on the list in the
last year about the printing end; maybe search the archives for
netatalk.

|      <http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/installmanual>     |
|        debian-imac: <http://debian-imac.sourceforge.net>       |
|            Chris Tillman        [EMAIL PROTECTED]          |
|                  To Have, Give All to All (ACIM)               |