On Wed, 2002-10-09 17:58:36 +0200, Claas Langbehn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote in message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Hello Eric,
>

> Firewire / ieee1394 is kind of buggy, still. Unfortunately firewire acts
> on each kernel a bit different. At least that is how it feels to me.
>
> Try connecting the Firewire drive before booting your Mac.
>
> Then load the following modules:
> ieee1394, ohci1394, sbp2, scsi_mod, sd_mod
> Insmod them in this order or use modprobe.
>
> Then you should see the drive in /var/log/messages.
> If it shows up the partitions, then you may mount them.

the trick iss to load ohci1394 _after_ connecting the device - only then
registering the scsi emulation works for the first device, then you can
hotplug more devices....

I enjoy my 120GB FireWire HDD on ppc and i386 - works well

AVE!
  phils...

--
     PHILIPP SCHMIDT / phils - - + - - > [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                 ` - - > http://home.pages.de/~phils/

Lbh unir whfg ivbyngrq gur Qvtvgny Zvyraavhz Pbclevtug Npg ol oernxvat gur
cebgrpgvba bs pbclevtugrq zngrevny.  Vs lbh ner abg n pvgvmra be erfvqrag bs
gur HFN, lbh evfx orvat vzcevfbarq naq uryq jvgubhg onvy sbe hc gb gjb jrrxf
hcba ragel gb gur HFN (c) Copyright 2001 by Hartmann Schaffer (signature only)

:wq