I have to apologize. I was preparing to test ben8 without the sleep
patch. Before rebooting, I tested the DVD and discovered that your fixed
xine package played it without any problem at full speed (without dropping
frames).
I am not able to try oggle (it segfaults) so I was certainly confused
this morning about what I tested yesterday.

Thanks,
Christophe