Hi-
(B
(Bafter a recent power outage my 8500 will has been acting a little strange.
(B
(Bnormally a `shutdown -r now` command would bring down all services,
(Bunmount the FS, and reboot the machine.
(B
(Bhowever, it now prompts me with "Give root password for maintenance (or
(Btype control-D for normal startup)"
(B
(Btyping 'control-D' does nothing, giving the root password dumps me into
(B(what appears to be) single user mode. from there i am able to issue the
(B'halt' command, and then perform a hard reset.
(B
(Bhere is where the biggest problem -- when i boot the machine back up it
(Btells me that the FS was not cleanly unmounted and performs a check.
(B
(Bis there anything i can do to get my machine to perform a `shutdown -r
(Bnow` command correctly?
(B
(Bthanks in advance,
(B