On Thursday 24 July 2003 5:00, Steven Schlansker wrote:
> Amazingly enough, it launched an xterm when I logged in.

It seems that gnome-core doesn't get everything you want. Apt-get these, too:

apt-get install gnome-control-center gnome-help gnome-panel gnome-session

> Now the only
> problem is that the key mappings are wrong.  Everything works fine
> except for the spacebar and capslock keys.  The capslock key is dead,
> and the spacebar acts as two spaces and the capslock key.

The keyboard problems will be hard to diagnose while you're using Xpmac. Now
you shold try to start the kernel using the valkyrie framebuffer driver by
setting up the kernel arguments as specified before. Otherwise, you could try
to change the settings yourself using xmodmap. Oh, I bet that Xpmac is
assuming the old ADB keysettings which Debian doesn't do anymore. See this
page for more info on that:

http://www.debian.org/ports/powerpc/keycodes

However, the best plan moving forward is to be able to use XFree86 instead of
Xpmac.

>  Also, I have a one-button ADB mouse.  How do I get right- and middle-
> clicks?  I turned on emulation, but that seems to only work for two-button
> mice...

See this page:

http://www.thecodefactory.org/neillm/debianppc.php3

Basically, you can tell the system to treat any key as one of the mouse
buttons. Normally, F11 & F12 are used.

Is there a specifically Debian place for this info? It seems to be a FAQ, but
I don't see it in the install manual.

Frank