Hello,

I recently migrated my ibook (900Mhz Combo) from gentoo to debian. And now I
have problems compiling a kernel
that`s able to decrypt my encrypted (loopback) home partition. I have a kernel
(2.4.22 Benh) that works fine except
for
decrypting.

What I tried so far. Downloaded and installed 2.4.21 sources, and cryptopatch,
but when i try to build kernel package
i get following error

>Testing whether "Jaris loop patch" patch for 2.4.21 applies (dry run):
>26 out of 28 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file drivers/block/loop.c.rej
>3 out of 4 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file include/linux/loop.h.rej
>"Jaris loop patch" patch for 2.4.21 does not apply cleanly
>Patch /usr/src/kernel-patches/all//apply/loop-jari  failed.

well i dont know very much about compiling kernels, and dont have time to
become an expert,so i would be happy to get
sth. that boots into console to just recover my data and than work with my
working kernel.

anybody any ideas

thx

florian klinglmueller