OoO  En cette fin de  matinée radieuse  du  dimanche 28 décembre 2003,
vers 11:47, Clive Menzies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> disait:

> I tried that:
> mount: /dev/scd0 is not a valid block device

What is the ouput of "cat /proc/scsi/scsi" ?

> I did wonder whether  I had to link hdc  to scd0 in some way because
> dmesg confirms that the cdrom is at hdc?

Without using ide-scsi, your CD  ROM would be  hdc, however, since you
seem to use ide-scsi, an additional layer make it  available as a SCSI
device  (as /dev/scd0). Then, most   operations on the original device
hdc will fail.

You may want to modprobe sr_mod too (modprobe sr_mod) and retest.
--
I WILL NOT BARF UNLESS I'M SICK
I WILL NOT BARF UNLESS I'M SICK
I WILL NOT BARF UNLESS I'M SICK
-+- Bart Simpson on chalkboard in episode 8F15