Mario Frasca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> yes: I installed hotplug and everything's working...
>
> quite nice, since now I finally have sound.  but the mixer is
> a pain, the minimum level is far too high if my neighbours
> baby is sleeping (in the sense, finally not crying).  on the
> other hand, if this ppc makes enough noise, I don't hear the
> baby crying...
>
> well, the next step is now to listen to the italian Radio (I
> live in the Netherlands).  I installed hxplay and tried to
> open the stream, but hxplay tells me that I should try the
> realplayer...  so I installed the realplayer, but it crashes
> telling me:
>
> /usr/local/RealPlayer/realplay.bin: relocation error:
> /usr/local/RealPlayer/plugins/swfrender.so: undefined symbol:
> _Z27FlashRendererCreateInstancePP8IUnknown
>
> I admit, this time I did not even google the problem.
>
> but most of the times I hit i386 stuff instead of ppc...
>
> thanks for all the help.
>
> Mario

Remove "swfrender.so" from the "/usr/local/RealPlayer/plugins/"
directory.
I think you then get another error about some swfxxxx.so library.
Remove this again from the "/usr/local/RealPlayer/plugins/" directory.

Then realplayer should start. I had similar problems when I tried to
get it to start on gentoo. I've been usign realplayer on my gentoo for
about 4 months. Seems to work OK anyway for live real audio streaming