On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 10:02:32 +0200
Sophie Maitrejean <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have had a lot of problem with installation of Debian
> woody on my powermac. I used an IBM hard drive, because I
> would like to use another hard drive instead of the main
> one to havn't any problems with it.

Have you attempted to use this hard disk under another OS recently?
Does the disk work?  Try initializing it under OS X, and putting some
data on it.

> But it doesn't work at all. It was reconize but I couldn't
> write any parttion on it.
> Then, I would like to know precisely which hard drive can
> I used ? Its model and its characteristics? Is there
> anybody can help me?

Any functional hard drive will work.  If anyone anywhere has ever
experienced other wise, they may at their leisure correct me.  In 25
years of working with computers I've never heard of such a thing.

> My mac is an powermac G4 version 3.2(the gray one) of 1Ghz
> and 256 MB. And the image iso I use is this one : a
> Debian  woody 3.0.2 ppc.
>
> Thanks  in advance for any help.
>
> Sophie

Good Luck!  ]:)  (and don't forget to have fun!!)

<off topic> I suppose I have seen some problems with individual disks
and the new SATA stuff, but those are generally
firmware/controller/protocol disagreements between the SATA controller
and the disk electronics -- not something that is going to be an issue
here from the sound of it.  And perhaps MFM RLL stuff long
ago... </off topic>

Sam

--
   .''`.          /\/'`\         [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  : :' :        .::/:::::..    .  irc://fslc.usu.edu/#cira