Albert Cahalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 17:16 +0200, Wojciech Owczarek wrote:
>> On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 11:34:16 -0700 (PDT)
>> Enrique Morfin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Anyone runing acrobat 7 with qemu-i386?
>>
>> Give me one good reason for using acrobat reader and not Xpdf.
>
> Sure. Here is the Florida Administrative Code:
>
> http://fac.dos.state.fl.us/faconline/chapter64.pdf
>
> The index doesn't work to well. Try following the instructions I was
> given for finding Chapter 64V-1, the Vital Statistics code:
>
>   In the menu on the left side, scroll all the
>   way to the bottom to 64V-1. You will
>   need Adobe Acrobat Reader 4.05+ to view these file.
>
> The index doesn't work right. In fact, xpdf spits out all sorts of
> errors. It seems that some sort of interpreter stack fails to grow
> as large as needed.

In case it's of interest, evince (version 0.3.0-2 from unstable here)
can handle this with aplomb, although it seems to have a problem with
images at present.  Nevertheless I'm able to get the majority of my
PDF reading done with it.

I just had a go at chapter64.pdf with xpdf and my X server crashed,
which is impressive.  I can't remember the last time I've had X crash.