With your help I've been able to boot the new iMac G5 and start the installer.

Since I'm migrating from another Debian on a G4 I don't know if I should install a whole new system or not.

If I start the G4 in target mode, mount the firewire disk in the G5 and simply copy the whole filesystem(s), would that be enough, would the programs work? I would of course setup yaboot to boot with the power64 kernel and change the hardware related configuration (network and X).

I'm a bit lost there, is it only the kernel that needs to be compiled for 64bits or the programs too?

Eduardo.