On 5/7/06, Stefano Melchior <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Sun, May 07, 2006 at 02:50:24PM +0200, Saladino wrote:
Hi Saladino,
> >There were some try to create a uml patches for ppc, Chris Emerson did one
> >for 2.4.6 and Aswin Tanugula for 2.6.12.
> I see.
> So, if I download the 2.6.12 kernel and apply the Tanugulas patch i
> could run uml in my actual system(with 2.6.17-rc3 kernel) or it does
> matter what is the hosts kernel?
it doesn't matter what kernel host you run, even a 2.4 host/guest kernel is
fine if you have 2.6 guest/host kernel.
Actually 2.6.12 uml patch has a couple of issue: it ought to be built
without network support, because still not implemented; plus you need to
have glibc 2.3.2, otherwise you fail.
> Thanks for your time.
If you would like to help us:
http://www.user-mode-linux.org/~blaisorblade/patches/devel-guest/
you are welcome to :)
Uoo, I'll like it, but Im afraid i cannot do much more than tests, i
think my programming skills need to be improved a lot to work in a
project like that.
Saladino