On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 01:55:27PM +0200, Giulio Canevari wrote:
> In data 30/05/2006 01:24 Hans Ekbrand ha scritto:

[...]

> >My idea of booting from within MacOS is still possible. But not with
> >BootX, but with yaboot. For example see:
> >http://neugierig.org/content/tibook/ibook.html
>
> With internet not working from mac and mac os 8.1 i don't think so. The
> howto is targeted at mac os 9 and X.

Do you have usb support from MacOS? If not there seems to be only
netbooting left (no usb, no cd, no floppy, no internet)

If you can use the usb stick to put yaboot and d-i in place then why
not try it? If you have big stick you could try the hd-install
scenario in d-i (put an iso-file as a regular file on the MacOS
partition)

I haven't used yaboot myself though (I only have oldworld machines),
and I'm not sure if it does require a repartition to work (which might
be impossible if MacOS cannot be booted from CD). BootX runs as a
normal application, but I don't know if yaboot works that way.

--
Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
GnuPG key: 1024D/7050614E