Hi,

> It seems that sound-powermac as of 2.6.17.3 doesn't yet support the
> Powerbook5,7 17" sound card; it gives me an
>
> snd: Unknown layout ID 0x40

snd-powermac never will support this, in fact recent versions will tell
you to use snd-aoa :)

> I know that when I last harassed Benjamin about this, I was told that
> it wasn't supported yet, but perhaps that has changed.
>
> Is the snd-aoa driver supposed to support this card?

It indeed is. In fact, IIRC Børge Holen has verified that it does work,
except for the digital input stuff (I have no incentive to work on that
since I have no device that provides optical output).

johannes