On Thu, Nov 30, 2006 at 04:16:42PM +0100, Holger Levsen wrote:
> Hi,

> > I didn't, because
>
> [1, 2 & 3 - basically no time]
>
> And then you complain, that other people don't find the time to reply to the

No, i complain that you forced me into a setup which causes everyeon (you, me,
whoever follows the bug report) to lose more time.

I complain because when i have time to work on these issues, i cannot do it in
a timely fashion, because of the restrictions and constraints imposed to me.

> bugreport. Can't you imagine, that they are either busy like you or don't
> have the hardware or both?

Well, sure i can imagine, just that if they setup a situation which will lose
everyone more time, then they should act in a timely fashion.

Really, Holger, can you imagine even a single reason why having me commit the
patches to the svn repo, instead of going through the bug report way like now,
would cause a technical problem ? If a checkin i make causes a problem, then
it can more easily be detected and corrected or i being informed if it goes
into the svn repo, than using the BTS loop, as would be the case with every
other member of the d-i team.

The current situation loses time for me and the d-i team, cause resentment,
and oportunities for clash and escalation on both sides, it is an *EVIL*
and *DESTRUCTIVE* situation, can't you see that ?

We have a social problem, and it can only be solved on the social way, and not
by technical measures which worsen the social problem.

BTW, please keep Fabio in the loop, since he has agreed to act as mediator, he
would like to get a copy of every exchange between the d-i team and me, for
documentation purpose.

Friendly,

Sven Luther