Le Sat, Dec 02, 2006 at 04:39:06PM +1300, Torrance a écrit :
>    3) How do I install java for running, eg. internet java applets? In Ubuntu
>    we had to download from an IBM site. Currently, that site requires
>    registration and even then told me that export laws (or something) would
>    mean the download would be reviewed and I'd be notified when it was
>    available. Of course, this never happened. So how else do ppc users get
> java
>    installed? Alternatively, how long will it be before we see Adobe's
> recently
>    released source code making its way into sid?

Hi,

sorry for not having answers to your other questions. For Java, I
also downloaded the one from IBM. I filled the form with random things
and used an email from jetable.org; it works well. The downloaded jre
can then be processed by "make-jpkg", from the package "java-package".
Note that you need the 32 bits one, as your G5 runs in 32-bit mode
(which is usually slightly faster than 64 bit mode).

By the way, Java comes from Sun, not Adobe.

Have a nice weekend,

--
Charles Plessy
http://charles.plessy.org