thanks to those that directly responsed to me

the problem seems to have been the way i let "root=" line be
now i have yaboot,conf as followings
and happy with [tab] then "s" to go slacky
i saw "alias=" thing in someone's conf
but wondering if the "default=" line for that
will have conflict with "defaultos=" line
that i will use for osx

thanx anyway!
now i have 2 linux on my iBookG4

## yaboot.conf generated by debian-installer
##
## run: "man yaboot.conf" for details. Do not make changes until you have!!
## see also: /usr/share/doc/yaboot/examples for example configurations.
##
## For a dual-boot menu, add one or more of:
## bsd=/dev/hdaX, macos=/dev/hdaY, macosx=/dev/hdaZ

#Yaboot configuration
init-message="micro.ispretty ;-D"

boot=/dev/hda2
device=/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:
delay=10
timeout=30
install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
enablecdboot
macosx=/dev/hda8
defaultos=macosx

image=/boot/vmlinux
        label=Linux
        partition=10
        root=/dev/hda10
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img

image=/boot/vmlinux.old
        label=old
        partition=10
        root=/dev/hda10
        read-only
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img.old

image=/boot/vmlinux
        label=s
        partition=11
        root=/dev/hda11
        read-only

--- 2g <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> always me ... excuse me
> the answer was push "tab" key and type the thing i want
> but ... it always results into booting Debian ...
> why is that?
>
> --- 2g <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > oh my god!
> > forgot to put my yaboot.conf there
> >
> > ## yaboot.conf generated by debian-installer
> > ##
> > ## run: "man yaboot.conf" for details. Do not make changes until
> you
> > have!!
> > ## see also: /usr/share/doc/yaboot/examples for example
> > configurations.
> > ##
> > ## For a dual-boot menu, add one or more of:
> > ## bsd=/dev/hdaX, macos=/dev/hdaY, macosx=/dev/hdaZ
> >
> > #Yaboot configuration
> > init-message="micro.ispretty ;-D"
> >

> > boot=/dev/hda2
> > device=/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:
> > partition=10
> > root=/dev/hda10
> > delay=10
> > timeout=30
> > install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
> > magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
> > enablecdboot
> > macosx=/dev/hda8
> > defaultos=macosx
> >
> > image=/boot/vmlinux
> >     label=Linux
> >     read-only
> >     initrd=/boot/initrd.img
> >
> > image=/boot/vmlinux.old
> >     label=old
> >     read-only
> >     initrd=/boot/initrd.img.old
> >
> > # This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for an
> > existing
> > # Linux installation on /dev/hda11.
> > image=/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL
> > PROTECTED]:11,/boot/vmlinux
> >     label=hda11-linux
> >     root=/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:11
> >     append="root=/dev/hda10 ro"
> >
> > # This entry automatically added by the Debian installer for an
> > existing
> > # Linux installation on /dev/hda11.
> > image=/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL
> > PROTECTED]:11,/boot/vmlinux
> >     label=hda11-linux-failsave
> >     root=/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/[EMAIL PROTECTED]:11
> >     append="root=/dev/hda10 ro video=ofonly"
> >

> > --- 2g <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > i have OSX,Debian,Slackintosh installed on my iBookG4
> > >
> > > am ybin-ing the yaboot.conf below
> > > so if i push "L" yes Debian comes up
> > > but i cannot figure out how to make Slackintosh boot
> > > how does the label over here work?
> > >
> > > tia
> > >

> > 2g---
> > http://micro.ispretty.com