On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 12:55:32PM +0100, Frank Habermann wrote:
> Hi,
> >If you can capture the SOL output and email it through that will help in
> >diagnosing where to look next.
> >
> So i have logged all. The log is available at:
> http://download.lordlamer.de/log/debian-power.log

Ahh okay it looks like your system booted correctly but for one reason
or another you don't have a console.

I think you needs to do something like:
a) Boot into a rescue environment
   - I'd do this by adding init=/bin/bash to the commandline in yaboot
b) remount the / filesystem read/write
   - mount -o,remounr,rw / # should do it.
c) change /etc/inittab to run a getty on hvc0
d) Enable root logins on hvc0 by editing /etc/securetty
e) finish the boot brocess with  "exec /sbin/init"

This /should/ get you a completely booted system with a getty available
via SOL.

An alternate approach would be to boot into the rescue environment and
mount the root fs read write (steps a and b above).  Bring up the
network and install sshd.  Then when the system boots and enables sshd
you should be able to get into it.  From there you can experiment with
getting the SOL console to work.

Hope that helps.

Yours Tony

  linux.conf.au        http://linux.conf.au/ || http://lca2008.linux.org.au/
  Jan 28 - Feb 02 2008 The Australian Linux Technical Conference!