On Jan 15, 2010, at 5:00 AM, Michel Dänzer wrote:

On Thu, 2010-01-14 at 16:23 -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:

This bug is still present in the "Thu Jan 14 16:08:46 UTC 2010"
businesscard CD downloaded from

http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/daily-builds/sid_d-i/arch-latest/powerpc/iso-cd/

So far as I can tell, this bug has not been looked at by the debian-
installer folks.

Is PowerPC simply so unimportant that resources cannot be spared to
even *look* at a problem that renders the installer unusable on that
hardware?

It means there hasn't been a volunteer so far. Are you volunteering?

Yes. I'm volunteering to help anyone who knows the structure of the installer disks better than I do.

I have hardware I can test things on. I have a good general knowledge of Unix and Linux. I can perform experiments and report on the results.

As far as diagnosing the problem: It looks like a necessary library is missing, but I don't have the background knowledge to figure out which one, and I don't have the knowledge of the installer disk build processes to figure out how it's getting missed, even if I knew which one it was.

As it stands, unless somebody knowledgeable can help me track this down, Squeeze will not be available for PowerPC.

That will be too bad.

Rick