On Wed, Feb 08, 2017 at 03:08:41PM +0100, Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
> I always assumed it was possible to run ppc32 (be) or ppc64 (be)
> userlands on a ppc64el system. Is this a restriction at Linux level or
> hardware level ?

I thought at least KVM virtual machines it was possible to do.  Not sure
about running big endian binaries on a little endian kernel.

The endian switching feature of powerpc is certainly unusual.  It is
the only CPU I know of that allows each process to set its endianess.
prctl has a PR_SET_ENDIAN option that is powerpc only.

--
Len Sorensen