When I tried to send this (with an attached zip file of the output of my test
script) to the PowerPC list, I got a bounce message back saying I’m not allowed
to send attachments to the list.

So… If you want to see the output of the below script send me an off-list
request and I’ll mail it to you individually.

Is there a better way?

Enjoy!
Rick

On Nov 27, 2017, at 3:21 AM, Rick Thomas <rbtho...@pobox.com> wrote:

> On Nov 20, 2017, at 10:51 PM, Frank Scheiner <frank.schei...@web.de> wrote:
>
>> On 11/21/2017 02:48 AM, Rick Thomas wrote:
>>> If you can tell me *exactly* what to do, and I don’t have to set up an
>>> installation environment to do it, I’ll be happy to test ofpathname vs
>>> ofpath vs devalias on my PowerPC test machine farm.
>>
>> Well, to be on the safe side, I think you need to use the latest versions of
>> ofpath and ofpathname, hence running Debian Sid could be the easiest way to
>> make sure this is the case.
>
> OK,
>
> I’ve got a firewire disk I can boot on a variety of G4 machines.  And a shell
> script that (I think) gets the information you need for each machine.  Please
> let me know if I’m missing anything that would improve the usefulness of the
> script output.  Or anything else I could get.
>
> I have output for two machines:
>
> Dil is a PowerMac G4 533
>    https://everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g4/specs/powermac_g4_533.html
>
> Lil is a Mac mini G4 1.25GHz
>    https://everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_mini/specs/mac_mini_g4_1.25.html
>
> There are others, if you think they can help.  I also have a couple of G5
> machines I could do the same thing for when we’re done with the G4s.  (Only
> one firewire disk)
>
> Enjoy!
> Rick

=============== begin script ===============