On Tue, 1 Oct 2024 at 23:38, Ed Robbins <edd.robb...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ben,
>
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2023 at 05:26, Ben Westover <kwestover...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > It turns out that adding &device; alone is not enough since it refers to
> > only the drive and not the partition along with it. &device;:&partition;
> > is what was actually needed. Fixed script is attached.
>
> I just tried this, and blessed the file with:
>
> hmount /dev/sda2
> hattrib -c UNIX -t tbxi :System:Library:CoreServices:BootX
> humount
>
> But I see no difference upon rebooting the machine. Am I missing something?

I played a bit more (without changing anything). The behaviour I get now is:

If I just turn on the machine, it goes to the grub menu.
If I hold down alt, I can choose between debian (with a nice logo but
called "untitled"), Leopard and Tiger
    -> OS X options both work
    -> If I choose debian, I get a menu the same as the old yaboot
first menu: Press l for Linux, x for mac os, c for cdrom
        -> x does boot mac os
        -> l takes me to the grub menu

Thanks,
Ed