On 01/02/2012 04:59 PM, Didier Raboud wrote:
Till: would you consider maintaining gutenprint together with me in Debian,
assuming that we could reach a reasonable agreement on the current Ubuntu
diff? I think that maintaining everything in "Debian first" (or at least
keeping the diff as minimal as possible) would help bring slightly more
manpower to that area.

I could do this, by continuing maintainership of the Ubuntu package but making the same package available for Debian. For this a version control repository (like for HPLIP and Foomatic) needs to be created to maintain the packaging for both distros. The Debian and Ubuntu packages have a bigger delta, the Ubuntu package having a better maintainability and containing all special printer-driver-ppackaging features like automatic PPD update, compressed PPDs, ... So I would replace the old Debian package by the Ubuntu package in Debian and this way continue with tyhe Ubuntu and Debian packages being identical (as HPLIP and Foomatic are).

   Till