Hello Mark,

Il 18/02/2012 03:05, Mark Purcell ha scritto:
Package: libsane-hpaio
Version: 3.9.2-2

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 07:03:15 Riccardo Magliocchetti wrote:
please document in a README file (and at install time?) that if you want
to use a device supported by hplip as scanner you have to add your user
to group lp.

Riccardo,

This is documented in the NEWS file.

Mark

[snip]
  -- Mark Purcell<m...@debian.org>   Sun, 15 Mar 2009 22:09:23 +1100

The NEWS file does not look to me the right place to write about instructions _necessary_ to have your device working. Especially if one has to dig to entries dated 3 years ago. I've attached a README.Debian with these instructions, feel free to add it or not.

Thanks,
riccardo
hplip for Debian

Access to the full functionality of hplip; ink check, toolbox,
printing and scanning is now provided for members of the 'lp'
group.

Please note that you need to be a member of the group lpadmin
perform any administrative function on printers.