Control: severity -1 important
Control: tags -1 +moreinfo

Hi Svante,

Le vendredi, 10 février 2017, 21.46:05 h CET Svante Signell a écrit :
> I view of the imminent release I'm upgrading the severity, since there has
> been no replies so far, really strange.

Please don't mix severities, release schedule and maintainer responsiveness,
they have nothing to do with eachothers, at all. This bug is rightfully
'important', hereby downgrading.

> Do you not get reports about bugs via the bug tracker?

I do; it doesn't mean I have time to respond anything meaningful. Bug squasing
can take some time, and hardware-related bugs are even harder: I don't have a
scanner at home. It's only been _ten_ days too.

> How come 3.16.7-1 works and not later versions?

I don't know, but here are the facts I could gather:
* there are no significant differences in the Debian packaging;
* the only relevant difference regarding hpaio is the addition of more models
(but nothing related to your model) in scan/sane/hpaio.desc

When you write that "3.16.7-1" works, is that the version of the Debian
package? (I ask because that version is not an hplip Debian release).

Can you confirm using http://snapshot.debian.org/package/hplip/ until exactly
which version it works, and from which version it fails?

Thanks in advance,
--
    OdyX