I'm taking the liberty to respond in English as my German is effectively
read-only and as the default language of the debian-project mailing list
you adressed is English.

On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 14:42:21 +0200, Jens Fechter wrote:
> im Netzwerk der Verbandsgemeindeverwaltung Rüdesheim befinden sich derzeit
> vier Novell Netware 5.0-Server sowie ca. 75 Windows NT 4.0-Workstations im
> Einsatz. Da der technische Support für diese und weitere notwendige
> Produkte eingestellt wurde, plant die Verbandsgemeinde eine umfangreiche
> Modernisierung des Netzwerkes.

Linux Journal has published a series of articles on Linux deployment in
state and local government which you may find interesting:

Other interesting reading material concerns the city of Munich's recent
decision to swith to Linux; see
        http://www.google.com/linux?q=munich

Novell is actively working on Linux-based solutions; see
        http://www.novell.com/linux/

News on Linux for enterprise and end-user destkops can be found at
        http://www.desktoplinux.com/

> Aus diesem Grund bitten wir um Zusendung von ausführlichem
> Informationsmaterial über die von Ihnen angebotenen
> a) Betriebssysteme

Introductory material on Debian is available from the project's website,
        http://www.debian.org/intro/about.de.html
More detailed documentation can be found under
        http://www.debian.org/doc/index.de.html

> b) Supportmöglichkeiten

Information on our support options is available at
        http://www.debian.org/support.de.html

> c) Preissysteme für Lizenzen und Support (Staatlicher Bereich,
> Rahmenverträge etc.)

Debian consists of free software (also known as "open source software"). You
can find an introduction to the concept of free software at
        http://www.debian.org/intro/free.de.html

Note that the Debian Free Software Guidelines ("Debian-Richtlinien für Freie
Software") explicitly require that licenses do not discriminate against
fields of endeavor, which includes government.

> sowie eines allgemein gültigen Firmenprofils inklusive Anzahl der
> Mitarbeiter, Jahresumsatz gemäß letzter Bilanz, Qualifikationsnachweise,

The Debian project is a volunteer organisation, not a company; see
        http://www.debian.org/intro/about.de.html#what
for an introduction and
        http://www.debian.org/intro/organization.de.html
for details on our organisational structure.

> Firmenpartnerschaften und Ähnlichem.

Details on partner companies can be found at
        http://www.debian.org/partners/index.de.html

> Zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt wäre eventuell auch eine Vorführung Ihrer
> Produkte in unserem Hause denkbar. Sollten Sie unseren Wunsch nicht
> erfüllen können, leiten Sie unsere Anfrage bitte an einen qualifizierten
> Vertriebspartner weiter.

Probably the best way to arrange for demonstrations of GNU/Linux would be
through a local Linux/Unix organisation, e.g. the German Unix User Group
(http://www.guug.de/) or a local Linux User Group (see
http://www.linux.de/groups/).

Hope this helps,
Ray
--
I think the most important thing about Linux is that it gives people the
ability to do what they want.