On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 08:57:46AM +0100, G?rkan Seng?n wrote:
> >> I believe we need a new section called "gnustep", just like we have one
> >> for gnome and kde.
> > I think this is a good idea. Would it start by being populated with
> > anything depending on gnustep*, or did I not think that through? What
> > packages would that give?
> Yep, this would also help me have less warnings in the gnustep-meta
> packages ( http://www.linuks.mine.nu/i_debian/meta-gnustep/ ), can we
> change lintian like this:
>
> If all agree that we add 'gnustep' to the section. I think
> lintian package should be updated by adding 'gnustep' to:
> lintian source
> testset/info_tags.non-us, line 28
> checks/common_data.pm, line 21
> checks/fields.desc, line 172

This will happen automatically (well, sort of) by the lintian
maintainers when policy gets changed (and not earlier than that).

On topic: I don't really think a section for this few packages is worth
it.

Package count (binary, unstable of two days ago, without contrib and
non-free) is below, and it shows that even the smallest section has
nearly 300 packages.

Maybe there are better splits to imagine (seperate compilers from
devel? Client networking stuff from net (as opposed to server networking
stuff)?)

--Jeroen

shells            292
news              327
embedded          383
electronics       515
oldlibs           647
comm              658
tex               700
hamradio          734
otherosfs         845
base              890
science           921
doc              1037
kde              1155
editors          1314
math             1429
misc             2049
mail             2233
perl             2482
gnome            2606
graphics         2765
text             2914
interpreters     3081
web              3233
python           3252
sound            3280
admin            3765
games            4724
x11              5217
utils            5333
devel            7002
net              8941
libdevel        11895
libs            13390

--Jeroen

--
Jeroen van Wolffelaar
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (also for Jabber & MSN; ICQ: 33944357)